Tuesday 12 May 2009

Music makes everything better

It really does, got hold of a diddy little iPod shuffle the other day, at £30 they are a bargain, and whacked some tunes on it. Then I went out for another run today, same route, same pathetic run:walk ratio, and the same unspecified aches and pains as long dormant muscles are shocked into some kind of activity for the first time in ages. Didn't see anything amusing particularly, not even the random blokes carrying random doors I saw last time out. The music made it seem to go faster though.

Tune that I really have to wonder what I was thinking when I loaded it onto the iPod, Nerina Pallot - Heartattack, tunethat actually made me pick my feet up towards the end, despite it being pure 70's cheese, ELO - Mr Blue Sky. It would have been even better if it was actually sunny, but it was grey and muggy and a bit unpleasant, though not too hot, fortunately.

5 comments:

  1. The Shuffle's are great, I wouldn't want to be without mine. I didn't see anything particularly amusing yesterday, except the lamb chasing the pigeon. I'm not sure what I'm going to blog about here, it's just greenness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always do the Townie thing and blog about how it is rubbish and everything smells and you can't get a decent coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't smell of anything and I don't drink coffee. Any other suggestions? Can't get pizza though, not sure I've mentioned that yet... Well, maybe only a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will smell, just you wait.

    Yeah, you'll have fun getting pizza delivered, or curry, or chinese. The locals will all be odd, not as odd as here* or Norfolk, but still.

    And there will be nothing to do of an evening, unless you drive there, and it'll be rubbish anyway.

    You could go all bunny-hugger and go on about how lovely all the birdies and fluffy animals are, and talk about the pretty flowers and the clean air, and the lack of muggers and ne'er do wells. But that won't be as funny as a good whinge.

    I'm sure you'll get used to it,if the eery quiet in the night doesn't freak you out and send you running back to London. It took a little getting used to when I moved back down here from Reading.

    *Cornwall is like a Christmas stocking, all the nuts end up in the toe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eerie quiet in the night? It's far noisier here than my house in London! And we can get Indian and Chinese, and now the pub's starting to sell pizza.

    ReplyDelete