Saturday 9 May 2009

My world is pain and suffering

Well, not really, it wasn't that bad, pathetically slow, and more walking than actual running involved, but never mind, its a start. It does seem at the moment that any pleasure or satisfaction involved is the same kind as you get from bashing your head against a wall. Hopefully that'll change as my fitness improves. I did the 20 minutes I was aiming for, which I'm happy about.

The good thing is that nothing hurts too much. I got a slightly tight calf, but that'll be from not stretching quite enough. My shins were slightly sore while I was out doing it, and the outside of my feet ached a bit. That'll just be the shock to the system of trying to run further than the bus stop, I hope. The shoes were nice and comfy, which was nice, my old footie shorts chafed a bit though, which wasn't so fun.

Of course this can all be used as an excuse for some new shiny things, yay! A watch with a stopwatch, or maybe one of those nike+ sportband things would be nice, it is surprisingly hard to read an analogue watch while trying to run. I definitely need to get an iPod shuffle, Gramsci, my big iPod, is a bit too big to take out running, and running to the accompaniment of the national asthmatic association's marching band is kind of tedious, I want my choons! Of course, if Garmin or anyone want to give me one of their spiffy training aids I'd be happy to right nice things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment