Thursday 4 June 2009

Constant Craving

Another morning wobble, this time round a different route, with less downhill bits, and my legs are less hurty as a result. They are still a bit sore, from the last time I tried running downhill, but they have recovered better. I'm feeling the unaccustomed exertions of Juneathon a bit, I was a bit tired and achey when I decided to haul myself out of bed and get out for a run.

Went out a bit later than usual, and it was bin day, so the foxes had been out in force, making the place look untidy. I saw a few more people, and a cat shall henceforth refer to as Bin Cat, because he was sat on a bin, demanding attention from all who passed.

I even saw the first other runner I have seen since I began my peregrinations. She overtook me while I was about to end one of my walking breaks, she didn't even say hello or anything, either. I wonder if I run as strangely as she does, kicking her feet well out to the side as she ran, I guess I probably do, but I can't see myself, so I don't particularly care.

Mr Blue Sky again proved to be a good uplifting track to run to, even if it isn't as ridiculously cheerful and bouncy as Mushaboom, but I was walking back down the hill when that came on and wasn't even remotely tempted to break out into a run. Bin Cat demanded, and got, another stroke as I came back past too. Dopey animal, I bet he was there waiting for the bin men.

In less good news, I have caved on the ciggy front, but I have managed to cut down to about 5 a day, and I fully intend to cut that down to nothing before the end of the month. I think I might have to get that Alan Carr book though. Just stopping is harder than I thought, unfortunately.

Better get off my arse and head out to the Polling Station in a minute, remember to vote folks, else the BNP scum might get some people elected.

Tunes -
ELO
Four Tet
Nerina Pallot

Juneathon stats - day 4
run: 17 minutes (I'll figure out and post the distance later)

4 comments:

  1. I love other people's running styles. Whenever I run I think to myself, well at least I don't run like that and then have exactly the same fear as you did. The 'or do I?' moment.

    Keep up the good work, I'm not finding Juneathon an easy thing either but think a week at a time instead of a month and that seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely get the Allan Carr book, I stopped after I read it and I am the weakest willed person in the world. Stopping's not that difficult, really. (Ok, it is a bit difficult.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Juneathon is proving a bit of a struggle for everyone - it is the relentlessness (??) of it, I think. And good shout about voting... I'm off to BNP proof my neighbouhood in a minute too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! A fellow Juneathoner who is also trying to give up smoking (like me!). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete