Friday 5 June 2009

We're All Mad Here

Got round to my planned juneathon bit for today, while half listening to the news on the radio, which encouraged me not to dawdle, otherwise I would have inadvertently ended up listening to The Archers.

That would have been awful, largely because it is the only soap type thing that I'm not completely immune to. I can resist getting drawn into the unremitting misery of Eastenders, the northern bleakness of Corrie etc etc.The bloody awful twee knowing mock yokel tripe that is the Archers has a disturbing tendency to draw me in.

Unrelatedly, following (vaguely) on from jog-blog's drooling over the pink Pashley, I discovered (6 months late, but there you go) that On-One's designer Brant Richards has moved on and started up a new vehicle for his idiosyncratic mountain bike designs, Ragley. I have an On-One Scandal, which is lovely, and his new designs look great, too. The Blue Pig especially looks like a lovely frame, a proper hooligan bike made of steel. I am experiencing serious bike lust, as I currently have a sub-optimal number of bikes*.

The most important discovery I made today, however, was figuring out how to make the shower run cold without fiddling with all the setting knobs. Now I can have a nice refreshing cold shower without arsing around with the temperature knob. As a bonus this means I won't get shouted at for leaving the shower on cold for the next person to discover. Not that I will necessarily stop doing that, just for fun, on occasion.

Juneathon stats - day 5
situps: 50
pressups: 24
squats: 108!

*There is a simple formula for the optimal number of bikes, which any keen cyclist knows, but will seldom admit to. it is x+1 (where x is the number of bikes currently owned).

2 comments:

  1. Are you getting an orange bike? I like orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ever so tempted to, I can't afford it right now though, and my stealth bike is really nice, so I don't need it, I just want it.

    ReplyDelete