Tuesday 2 June 2009

Day 2 of Juneathon - Still at it

Up early for a run. The weather was lovely, nice and cool and still and sunny. Now I'd normally have wimped out of it, because my legs are still a bit sore, but, it being juneathon, I persevered, manfully.

Did my normal route in reverse, just for a bit of variety mainly, but also as a bit of an experiment on running down hills, see blog passim*. I'm definitely going to have to modify my route a bit, and lengthening it probably wouldn't hurt, given I managed the loop in 18 minutes, while walking gingerly downhill, wincing, for much of the last part of it. Oh how I envy you south eastern types with your nice flat countryside.

Something I am liking about running early in the morning is how quiet it is, virtually no-one seems to be around. Apart from the occasional car, the only person I saw today was a random sat on the bench on the corner just up from home. Why he wasn't still in bed is a mystery, as he was still there when I got back.

In other news, I could really do with a ciggy.

*No I don't know exactly what it means, but they use it in Private Eye constantly.

Tunes -
Feist
Editors

Juneathon stats -
run: 1.3 miles

6 comments:

  1. Hills, hmmm, we doooo have them down here! I ocassionally challenge myself to Crouch End Hill and Highgate Hill, now they are steep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to avoid them, if you want, though.

    I bet there are a few proper Cornish hills down here that are far superior to your namby pamby urban hills. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live at the top of a hill. Do I win?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all the hills in the south east surround my house. Yes, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hills! I have to drive to get to them. I want some hills. And also a ciggy now! Bad rfm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a real Juneathon challenge. Run / Exercise every day, blog about it AND give up smoking!!!! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete