Monday 8 June 2009

Hangin' Round

A bit of a lazy day today, hung my, functional and not at all dorky, cycling kit up to dry, faffed about on the internet, and finished China MiƩville's new book, which is really good.

I also had a quick look at the website of the local running club, which is horrible, like something out of the mid 90's. There is a 10k in August at a local national trust place, which I might enter if I am feeling especially brave and/or stupid, and if I think I can run that far. There is also a half-marathon held in town in September, and a marathon (and a half) being held at Eden in October. I might be daft but I'm not completely mental though, so I'll give them a miss.

I got off my arse and did situps and pressups, gave the squats a miss though,as I'm planning on doing some running tomorrow before, or after, I go into work.

Juneathon stats - day 8
Situps: 55
pressups: 25

5 comments:

  1. I think it must be compulsory for running clubs to have really bad websites, as I don't think I've seen any decent ones yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do running club websites look like they've been done by a kid just learning?

    If anyone does find a running club with a great website then let me know, I'd like to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had a look at the source, it was done in word. That is pretty much a a textbook example of bad web design, they are even using comic sans.

    Not that I'm a web designer I just have to make sites work, not make them look pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrolling text and animated gifs too. I'd like to think they were doing it in a retro 90s style, but I fear not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making no comments... But if anyone over the age of four wants to do a website for me, please email me ;o)

    ReplyDelete