Saturday 6 June 2009

Indiscipline

Woke up this morning nice and early, fully intending to get out and run for a bit. Unfortunately my legs felt so heavy and dead, and the weather was so manky out that I couldn't be bothered and stayed in bed. In the spirit of Juneathon I hereby declare my walk into town to the bookshop, to get the Alan Carr book, was exercise. I feel this is no more spurious than certain people's missions down the offie.

I might crack out the weights a bit later, if I am feeling energetic, but my legs are definitely feeling all those squats I did yesterday. Running, and/or cycling tomorrow though.

update- Dug out the weights and did a bit with them too. Felling less like a fraud now.

Juneathon stats - day 6
Walking: not very far, to be honest, maybe half a mile.
weights: 65 curls (5-10kg) each arm, 130 total.

4 comments:

  1. Cheek. My trip to the offie took me a mile in the other direction first. I'm not sure walking half a mile counts. Although well done for getting the Allan Carr book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's not my fault you got lost.

    I'll probably do something else as well, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think bike lust should count for Juneathon, too. Never fancied a Chopper and they're waaaaay expensive now (a mate converted one to 5 speed derailleur in the 70's though, he was cool!) anyway. But I can't fit 7 bikes (including motor) in the garage. And I can't sell another one. And no amount of running miles is providing an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, bike lust should definitely count, especially the near heart attack you get when you figure out how much it would cost to actually build it up to the spec you want.

    ReplyDelete